Tuesday, November 15, 2011
San Mateo Harvest Festival Redux!
The San Mateo Harvest Festival 2011 was a total success! We were selling jewelry making supplies, giving jewelry making demos and DIY projects for both kids and adults from Friday-Sunday. There were kids crafts, live entertainment, and plenty of great gifts. Next up is the San Jose Harvest Festival, from November 25-27th! If you weren't able to make it out to San Mateo (or even if you did), join us for some holiday shopping and the chance to get your crafty on with Dragonfly Designs!
Flygirls Melody, Louise and Heather help kids craft fun bracelets and necklaces at the San Mateo Harvest Festival.
Friday, November 11, 2011
It's Finally Here: San Mateo Harvest Festival is THIS WEEKEND!
Join Dragonfly Designs from Friday, Nov. 11 - Sunday, Nov. 13 in San Mateo
After you've thanked your Veterans (happy Veteran's day!) and made your wishes (11/11/11!) what more is there to do than to head down to the San Mateo Harvest Festival to peruse the activities for the whole family, entertainment, and thousands of gifts. Whether you're prepared to admit it or not, the holdiays are HERE and what better place to find unique, handmade gifts for your loved ones than at the 2011 Harvest Festival.
Dragonfly Designs will be there all three days so stop by and say hello! In honor of the festival we will have a couple of very special, Harvest Festival ONLY offers on hand that would make perfect gifts for the bead-lovin' crafty folk on your holiday shopping list:
*$50 off Brithday Party Packages & Private Events (Retail Value: $300!)
*Buy 10 strands of beads, receive the Bead Organizer FREE!
*Buy 15 strands of beads, receive a hank of Seed Beads FREE!
*Buy 25 strands of beads, receive a 3-peice Pliers Set FREE!
*Postcards offer $10 off first online order over $50!
*Enter to win a FREE Bead Bash for 8 guests worth $200!
See you there!!
Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Dragonfly Designs is Hiring!
Looking for quality jewelry instructors and interns throughout the bay area!
Please answer the following yes or no questions to determine your qualification to apply for the Dragonfly Designs Instructor/Intership Position:
1. Do you knack for nifty kids crafts?
2. Is jewelry-making your jam?
3. Do beautiful beads bog your dreams?
4. Does teaching fun, creative after school classes sound totally tempting?
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, please read on!
Who we are: Our mission at Dragonfly Designs is to offer exceptional handmade jewelry and the opportunity to create it, while promoting social justice personal style and fun! We are looking for energetic, punctual and enthusiastic instructors to teach in our After School Enrichment Programs & Camps as well as host jewelry-making birthday parties in the East Bay, North Bay, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Our design studio is located in South San Francisco. If you enjoy working with kids, teens and adults in a fun atmosphere, and if you appreciate the art of making jewelry, this job is for you! EOE
Who you are: An enthusiastic individual with a passion for jewelry making. You enjoy working with kids and teens and are considered punctual and positive. You are looking for part-time flexible hours in a fun, creative work environment!
For more information about Dragonfly Designs, check out our website at http://www.jewelrybydfly.com/
Become a fan on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DragonflyDesignsJewelry?v=app_4949752878&ref=s
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Teaching after school classes, hosting beading parties and camps for children and techniques classes for adults (optional)
- Outreach calls for business development (optional-training provided)
- Familiarity with Dragonfly Designs jewelry, materials & philosophy
- Making jewelry and instructing guests to make their own jewelry at parties and classes. - Provide design advice to guests. Provide instruction in a party atmosphere.
- Maintaining excellent customer service during parties, classes and events and representing Dragonfly Designs as a fun, high-quality and socially responsible business
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Able to sit, stand, reach and work with hands and arms for at least eight hours, five days per week;
▪ Reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 25-40 pounds;
▪ Able to climb stairs;
▪ Able to drive a car;
▪ Moderate reading and writing skills;
▪ Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills;
▪ High level of manual dexterity;
▪ Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures;
Able to work overtime occasionally at last minute.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Customer-service oriented with positive energy, creativity and excellent communication skills.
- College degree preferred (preferably with emphasis in the arts)
- Experience with and enthusiasm for working with kids, teens and adults ages 4+
- Experience providing instruction, especially to groups of children/teens
- Responsible, punctual, dedicated, enthusiastic and organized
- Prior jewelry making experience required
- Must have own transportation, CA driver's license, and minimum insurance for property damage and public liability required by California law
Specifically looking for:
- After-school class instructors, camp councilors & party hosts in San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara Counties (Mountain View, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Sunnyvale etc..)
- San Francisco, Palo Alto, Redwood City, Belmont, San Mateo, Oakland, Marin, Peninsula, South Bay based jewelry instructors, who are fluent in French, Mandarin or Spanish
- After-school class instructor/party host to schools in Marin
- Instructors who have are bilingual (French, Spanish & Mandarin) preferred
- Instructors who have a dance or yoga background preferred
- Sick leave
- A fun, flexible and encouraging work environment
- Each position has a corresponding pay scale
To apply please send your resume and coverletter to: email@example.com.